At SESA, our asbestos inspectors perform asbestos inspections specific to a situation or material suspected to contain asbestos. This asbestos inspection is area or material specific and not an asbestos survey covering the whole building or structure. It involves a site visit, visual inspection of materials suspected to contain asbestos, onsite sampling, analysis by NATA accredited laboratory, qualitative risk assessment and letter style report.These asbestos inspections are usually requested by our clients in the following circumstances:
- Material suspected to contain asbestos has been disturbed.
- Asbestos containing materials has been disturbed and a risk assessment is required which includes determination of extent of contamination and asbestos air monitoring to estimate level of exposure to airborne asbestos fibres.
- Prior to refurbishment or partial demolition and specific material suspected to contain asbestos is encountered in an area that is likely to be disturbed by work activities. The material is not identified on an existing asbestos register.
- At early stage of refurbishment or demolition work where suspected asbestos containing materials is uncovered and require confirmation prior to resuming work.
- During excavations which revealed presence of materials suspected to contain asbestos.
Where the asbestos inspection is to cover the whole building an Asbestos Identification Survey will be required by an asbestos consultant.