SESA are a leading provider of specialist Workplace Health and Safety (OHS) services in New South Wales (NSW) and Australian Capital Territory (ACT). At SESA, our highly experienced OHS consultants help various industries in Sydney, Wollongong, Canberra, Newcastle and throughout NSW and ACT. SESA OHS services include the following Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Consulting Services:
- Safety Management Systems
- Contractor Safety Management
- OHS Policies and OHS Procedures
- Site Safety Plans
- Plant Safety
- Safe Work Method Statements
- OHS Audits
- OHS Inspections
- Risk Assessments
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Manual Handling
Safety Management Systems
SESA OHS Management Consultants have been assisting organisations and providing practical solutions ranging from design, construction, implementation and review of safety management systems documentation and strategic processes for large, medium to small organisations to address requirements of the following standards and/or government OHS accreditation requirements:
- AS4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems requirements
- Federal safety commissioner (FSC) - The Australian Government Building and Construction OHS Accreditation Scheme
- NSW Government OHS Management System Guidelines (OHSMS/EMS Accreditation)
- National self insurer OHS audit tool.
SESA can identify your OHS Management system deficiencies and recommend strategies or compile documentation to overcome gaps and assist your organisation in achieving legislative compliance. Our OHS consultants can tailor specific health and safety management strategy to suit your company’s individual needs.
Contractor Safety (OHS) Management
SESA OHS Consultants are well placed to assist you in developing and implementing your organisation specific compliant contractor safety management system which includes contractor pre-qualification, evaluation and monitoring to suit your organisational safety requirements and needs. Our services provide cost effective solutions to your contractor management.
WHS (OHS) Policies and WHS(OHS) Procedures
SESA specialised team of OHS Consultants have extensive experience in writing plain English OHS policies and OHS Procedures. We continually assist organisations in writing or reviewing complex and simple OHS policies and OHS procedures in line with applicable legislative requirements including codes and standards in plain language and in a format that is easy to communicate, understand and implement.
Site Safety Plans
A Site Safety Plan or Site Safety Management Plans (SSMP) is a legislative requirement for a construction site. SESA OHS Consultants have developed various compliant formats of Site Safety Plans to suit specific components of a construction project through to the whole project to meet various States, the Australian Government and AS4801 requirements. Our Site Safety Plans can be tailored to cover any aspect of your project. Contact SESA for more information or to discuss your requirements.
Safe Work Method Statements
A compliant format of Safe Work Method Statements or Work Method Statements is required for high and medium risk work activities and for tasks requiring a Permit to Work. Those activities include working at heights, in confined spaces, electrical work, working near traffic, working with asbestos and many other high risk work activities. SESA OHS Consultants have been developing Safe Work Method Statements for many of those activities and compiled a library of Generic Safe Work Method Statements to cover most high and medium risk work activities. Contact SESA for more information or to discuss your needs for Safe Work Method Statements.
SESA OHS Consultants are RABQSA Accredited OHS Auditors and regularly perform and facilitate the following third party OHS Audits:
- Compliance auditing – auditing of the workplace to meet legislative requirements, specific codes, standards and ensuring compliance
- Hazard Specific Audits - auditing for specific hazards and checking control methods to applicable legislative requirements, codes and standards
- OHS management system audit – desktop auditing of the organisation's existing hazard management policies and procedures, manuals and plans to AS4801 audit criteria.
OHS Inspections and OHS Risk Assessment
SESA OHS Consultants conduct independent third party OHS inspections in your workplace to identify general and specific hazards that pose a risk to employees and other in the workplace and on work premises in accordance with AS4804/AS4801 and applicable legislative requirements. Our extensive experience in various workplace settings and industries will provide you with valuable OHS inspection report which includes a risk register itemising all identified hazards, risks and control measures required with an action plan to incorporate in your OHS program. SESA OHS Inspections and Risk Assessments cover the following areas:
- Workplace hazard inspections
- Hazardous Chemicals Risk Assessment and Chemical Safety Management System
- Plant Safety and Guarding
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Physical and Biological Hazards
- High Risk Hazards
- Access & Egress
- Fire Safety & Emergency
- Confined Spaces
- Equipment Planned Use
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Existing Controls (Personal protection, signage, awareness, etc.)
- OHS Consultation Arrangements
- Accident/incident/near miss investigations
- Employee and Contractor Safety Performance
- Other areas as needed.
SESA OHS Consultants conduct comprehensive ergonomics assessment of the workplace and report on the findings with recommendations into:
- Workplace layout and design
- Workstation layout and design
- Work practices and postures
- The risks associated with occupational overuse syndrome (OOS).
SESA OHS Consultants conduct manual handling risk assessment in accordance with Manual Handling Code of Practice and also provide manual handling training. The manual handling training would include:
- Identification, assessment and control strategies through job and task design relating to human factors
- Recognition of and promoting the understanding of the relationship between the body and risk of manual handling injury
- The risk management approach and how to use safe manual handling techniques.