Laboratory Testing Services
SESALab is the environmental testing laboratory of SESA-Safety & Environmental Services Australia. SESALab operates under ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, and is NATA accredited for asbestos and synthetic mineral fibre monitoring and fibre counting (Accredited for compliance with ISO/IEC 17025-Testing. Accreditation Number 20403). The laboratory is in the process of obtaining further tests accredited by NATA to complement our competent, trusted and quality assured testing services.
SESALab team comprises highly qualified specialised professionals in occupational hygiene, microbiology, mycology, chemistry and indoor air quality.
SESALAB participate in the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) “Environmental Microbiology Proficiency Analytical Testing (EMPAT) Program” (PAT ID Number is 269003).
SESALab Current Testing Services
- Asbestos fibre air monitoring and fibre counting (NATA accredited) in accordance with Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres 2nd Edition
- Synthetic mineral fibre (SMF) air monitoring and fibre counting (NATA accredited) in accordance with Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for the Estimation of Airborne Synthetic Mineral Fibres
- Laboratory analysis of airborne mould samples collected on spore trap cassette or slit impactor (eg. Air-O-Cell, Allergenco-D, SKC VersaTrap, MouldSnap, Micro5 Posi-Track). The samples are analysed in accordance with the Method ASTM D7391 – 09 Standard Test Method for Categorization and Quantification of Airborne Fungal Structures
- Laboratory analysis of surface mould samples collected on tape (eg. cellophane tape, fungi tape, biotape), swabs or bulk materials such as plasterboard, wallpaper, pieces of carpets, insulation material, dust, wood and other matrices. The samples are analysed in accordance with ASTM Standard Designation: D7658 – 17 Standard Test Method for Direct Microscopy of Fungal Structures from Tape.
Photomicrographs From Our Laboratory
SESALAB Analytical Services Clients
- Occupational Hygienists
- Asbestos assessors and hazardous materials consultants
- Building biologists
- Building inspectors
- Licensed asbestos and hazardous materials remediation contractors
- Building, renovation and demolition firms
- Civil and environmental works contractors
- Certified mould remediators and building restoration firms
- Homeowners and commercial/industrial building managers
- Schools, hospitals/health care facilities, retirement villages, libraries, museums
- Insurance, loss adjusters, real estate and legal firms.
How Can We Assist
Laboratory and Consultant Support
SESALAB team is available to assist you with selecting the most appropriate test methods to use for your sampling plan and will assist you in interpreting the test results.
Upon request, SESALAB can provide you with sampling media, hire of sampling equipment and other required consumables.
Analytical Services Request
To request SESALAB analytical testing services you can download and complete SESALAB Chain of Custody Form and send us your samples with the Chain of Custody.
Posting to PO Box
SESA-Safety & Environmental Services Australia
Attention: Sample Submission
PO Box 4689, Casula Mall, NSW, 2170
The PO Box is checked daily, Monday to Friday, and all express post bags are received in our PO Box by 10am Monday to Friday.
Sending Samples with Courier or Drop off
You can send the samples by courier or drop of in person at reception or in the sample submission drop box located at the front door of our unit at:
SESA-Safety & Environmental Services Australia
Unit 53/3 Kelso Crescent, Moorebank, NSW, 2170
The chain of custody form can be obtained from SESALAB reception at the time of samples drop off.
Arranging Pickup From Work Site
Alternatively, for certain samples we can arrange pickup of your samples by courier with prior arrangement. A fee for the service would apply.
SESALAB accepts no responsibility or liability of costs on any samples damaged or lost in transit.
Samples Labeling & Packaging
Please ensure all samples submitted to SESALAB are correctly labelled with identifier and are safely packaged. The SESALAB Chain of Custody Form should accompany the samples batch. Alternatively, if not possible to complete the chain of custody form in time, the completed form can be emailed to email@example.com. Note that the lab is unable to process samples without a completed chain of custody form.
Onsite Testing Facility
For large projects, we offer to deploy an onsite testing facility on a temporary basis and as allowed under our NATA accreditation.
You can contact SESALAB by phone on 02 9822 8406 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.