Laboratory Testing Services (Mould Testing & Asbestos Testing)
SESALab is the environmental testing laboratory of SESA-Safety & Environmental Services Australia. SESALab operates under ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, and is NATA accredited for mould testing (air and surface samples), asbestos and synthetic mineral fibre monitoring and fibre counting and asbestos fibre identification in bulk samples and in soil (Accredited for compliance with ISO/IEC 17025-Testing. Accreditation Number 20403).
The laboratory is in the process of obtaining further tests accredited by NATA to complement our competent, trusted and quality assured testing services.
SESALab team comprises highly qualified specialised professionals in occupational hygiene, microbiology, mycology, chemistry and indoor air quality.
SESALab Current Asbestos & Mould Testing Services
- Asbestos fibre identification analysis for bulk samples and soil (NATA accredited to AS4964)
- Gravimetric analysis of asbestos in soil to NEPM/WA Guidelines (Non-NATA)
- Asbestos fibre air monitoring and fibre counting (NATA accredited) in accordance with Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres 2nd Edition
- Synthetic mineral fibre (SMF) air monitoring and fibre counting (NATA accredited) in accordance with Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for the Estimation of Airborne Synthetic Mineral Fibres
- Laboratory analysis of airborne mould samples (NATA accredited) collected on spore trap cassette or slit impactor (eg. Air-O-Cell, Allergenco-D, SKC VersaTrap, MouldSnap, Micro5 Posi-Track). The samples are analysed in accordance with the Method ASTM D7391 – 17e1 Standard Test Method for Categorization and Quantification of Airborne Fungal Structures in an Inertial Impaction Sample by Optical Microscopy
- Laboratory analysis of surface mould samples (NATA accredited) collected on tape (eg. cellophane tape, fungi tape, biotape), swabs or bulk materials such as plasterboard, wallpaper, pieces of carpets, insulation material, dust, wood and other matrices. The samples are analysed in accordance with ASTM Standard Designation: D7658 – 17 Standard Test Method for Direct Microscopy of Fungal Structures from Tape.
Note that SESALAB is the first laboratory in Australia to become NATA accredited to perform mould analysis to the above ASTM standard methods.
Download Chain Of Custody
For mould analysis by direct microscopy examination (air & surface samples) – QMS-SD-025A Chain of Custody (Mould by DME)
For asbestos and other samples analysis – QMS-R-002A Chain of Custody Form
Photomicrographs From Our Laboratory
SESALAB Analytical Services Clients
- Occupational Hygienists
- Asbestos assessors and hazardous materials consultants
- Building biologists
- Building inspectors
- Licensed asbestos and hazardous materials remediation contractors
- Building, renovation and demolition firms
- Civil and environmental works contractors
- Certified mould remediators and building restoration firms
- Homeowners and commercial/industrial building managers
- Schools, hospitals/health care facilities, retirement villages, libraries, museums
- Insurance, loss adjusters, real estate and legal firms.
How Can We Assist
Laboratory and Consultant Support
SESALAB team is available to assist you with selecting the most appropriate test methods to use for your sampling plan and will assist you in interpreting the test results.
Upon request, SESALAB can provide you with sampling media, hire of sampling equipment and other required consumables.
Analytical Services Request
To request SESALAB analytical testing services you can download and complete the relevant Chain of Custody Form and send your samples with the form:
- For Mould Analysis by Direct Microscopy please download QMS-SD-025A Chain of Custody (Mould by DME)
- For asbestos and other samples please download QMS-R-002A Chain of Custody Form
Sending Samples with Courier or Drop off
You can send the samples by Express Post, courier or drop of in person at reception or in the sample submission drop box located at the front door of our unit at:
SESA-Safety & Environmental Services Australia
Unit 53/3 Kelso Crescent, Moorebank, NSW, 2170
The chain of custody form can also be obtained from SESALAB reception at the time of samples drop off.
Arranging Pickup From Work Site
Alternatively, for certain samples we can arrange pickup of your samples by courier with prior arrangement. A fee for the service would apply.
SESALAB accepts no responsibility or liability of costs on any samples damaged or lost in transit.
Samples Labeling & Packaging
Please ensure all samples submitted to SESALAB are correctly labelled with identifier and are safely packaged. The chain of custody form should accompany the samples batch. Alternatively, if not possible to complete the chain of custody form in time, the completed form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the lab is unable to process samples without a completed chain of custody form.
Onsite Testing Facility
For large projects, we offer to deploy an onsite testing facility on a temporary basis and as allowed under our NATA accreditation.
You can contact SESALAB by phone on 02 9822 8406 or by email to email@example.com.